Statement of Beliefs

Ordination info  


More Classes

Clases de Reiki en Espaņol


Reiki Home Study Courses

Fundamentals of Meditation


Music CDs

Workshop CDs

Reiki Music


Healing Today



Become an Ordained Minister

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is the New Universal Church ordination legal in every state.?
A: Absolutely. The first amendment of the Constitution guarantees it.

Q: Is it legal to perform weddings in every state?
A: Absolutely. The laws vary from state to state on the paperwork that is involved but the right of legal clergy to perform wedding services is protected by the Constitution. You can view the laws of each state regarding the officiating of wedding ceremonies here.

Q: Will I be able to legally perform healing work with this ordination?
A: Many laying-on-of-hands or energy healing modalities like Reiki are considered to be spiritual healing and may be performed by ordained ministers.

Q: May I offer spiritual counseling as part of my ordination?
A: Yes. In fact this is one of the most important roles of any clergy and the NUC minister will present a good example of this.

Q: May I accept money for my services?
A: Yes. You may request suggested donations for your services.

Q: What about tax advantages and tax exempt status?
A: There are tax advantages for clergy however this is not a good reason to become ordained. Check with your accountant.

Q: Is there a time limit on the ordination?
A: No. The ordination is good for life as long as the minister continues to represent the NUC and themselves in a legitimate manner.

Q: Does the NUC offer a referral service?
A: Yes. We get requests for healing sessions, counseling, and for wedding officiates. We will refer to practicing ministers in the area of the request.

Q: Do I have to check in with the church?
A: Although not required by the NUC, it is a good idea. This way we know you are active and may send you referrals.

Q: What happens after I am ordained and a question comes up?
A: We are always available to answer questions and to assist our ministers. Remember you are ordained by the New Universal Church so it is important to us that you are able to perform your roles successfully.

Q: May I print Reverend My Name on my cards and letterheads?
A: Yes. It is a legal title and may be used in any way you see fit.


Replacement Certificates for the New Universal Church ministerial ordinations.